AFFORDABLE CANTERBURY LANDSCAPING
In the course of operating the Beach Bay Landscaping & Concreting LTD Website (Website) and making available the information and content available on the Website (Content), Beach Bay Landscaping & Concreting LTD (we or our or us) may collect, use, disclose and hold information about an identifiable individual (Personal Information).
Visiting the Website
1. During your visit to the Website we may collect statistical data about your visit, such as the date, time and length of your visit, the URLs or addresses of the Website pages you visit, the operating system, browser, each engine and IP address used by the computer you are using to connect to the internet, and the domain name from which you are accessing the internet. This information may be collected by third party software operating on the Website.
2. We may use and disclose such statistical data for the following purposes:
(a) to measure the effectiveness of any advertising or Content on the Website;
(b) to identify user behaviour and user trends on the Website; and
(c) to maintain and optimise the technical performance, operation and security of the Website.
3. We may disclose such statistical data to others, but only on an aggregated basis and in a way, that ensures that no individual is able to be identified from such data.
4. We may use Personal Information collected by us or the Website to email to you marketing or promotional information about our services or products (Direct Marketing Information). If you later decide that you do not want us to send you any further Direct Marketing Information, you can contact us at any time to request that we stop sending you such information. You can either contact our Privacy Officer (see paragraph 18 below) or use the “Unsubscribe” facility at the bottom of any Direct Marketing Information email or communication that we send you.
5. If you wish to access certain Content or services from the Website, you will need to first register with us online. During this registration process you may provide us with Personal Information, for example, your name, address, email address, age, gender, phone numbers, or credit card details. We may also collect other Personal Information about you during the course of your relationship with us, either directly from you or from third parties.
6. If you do not provide the information requested by us, we may be unable to provide the requested Content or services to you.
7. If you are a registered user, we will use, disclose and hold such Personal Information for the purposes of:
(a) establishing and maintaining your account with us;
(b) contacting you about your account or any Content or services we provide to you, including following up on any Content or services provided to you;
(c) arranging billing, payment, credit checks and verifying your identity;
(d) gauging customer satisfaction and providing customer services;
(e) providing technical support and administration;
(f) maintaining our records;
(g) addressing feedback or complaints and resolving disputes;
(h) sending you Direct Marketing Information, unless you have already unsubscribed in accordance with paragraph 4;
(i) statistical analysis and the creation of statistical reports on user trends (but without using any Personal Information in a way that would identify any users); and
(j) any other purpose specified in the Beach Bay Landscaping & Concreting LTD Terms and Conditions accepted by you.
Disclosing Personal Information to third parties
9. We will not sell your Personal Information to direct marketers.
10. We will not use your Personal Information, or disclose your Personal Information to third parties, except:
(a) to the extent reasonably necessary to achieve any of the purposes described in paragraphs 1 to 7; or
(b) where we reasonably believe that such use or disclosure is required or expressly permitted under any applicable law.
11. We will not hold your Personal Information for longer than is reasonably required for the purposes for which we may lawfully use that Personal Information.
Your rights to access and correct Personal Information
12. Where we hold Personal Information about you, you have a right to access and correct that Personal Information in accordance with applicable privacy laws, including the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand). If you want to access or correct your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer (see paragraph 18 below) and he/she will tell you how to make a request and if any charges will apply.
13. We will use reasonable endeavours to effect and maintain adequate security measures to safeguard the Personal Information we hold from loss or unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. However, as the internet is an open network, we do not warrant or guarantee that your Personal Information is safe from loss or unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, either during transmission to or from the Website, or when held by us.
14. Other websites that are linked to the Website may have privacy policies that govern the use of information collected by those other websites. We are not responsible for any information collected by those other websites, or the privacy or data protection practices of the operators of those other websites.
15. Your use of the Website is also governed by our Beach Bay Landscaping & Concreting LTD Terms and Conditions. By accessing and browsing the Website, you also agree to comply with our Beach Bay Landscaping & Concreting LTD Terms and Conditions.
Contacting us or our Privacy Officer
18. If you:
(b) want to access or correct any Personal Information we hold about you; or
(c) want us to stop sending you Direct Marketing Information,
Please contact our Privacy Officer: